Is there strike through?
No. The backing is waterproof, low friction and prevents strike through.
Which direction does it wick?
Wicking is vertical and lateral, ensuring maximum use of all the foam in the dressing.
Why would I use Advazorb Silflo instead of Advazorb Silfix?
Advazorb Silfix is ideal for wounds with fragile skin that require a degree of compression/ secondary fixation. Advazorb Silflo is ideal for hard to dress wounds where secondary fixation isn't possible/ required.
Why are the holes on Advazorb Silflo so big?
As Advazorb Silflo doesn't require secondary fixation, and subsequently there isn't additional pressure to enhance the hydrophilic nature of the foam, the larger holes offer a greater surface area of exposed foam enabling the smooth passage of exudate into the dressing.
Is Advazorb Silflo shower proof?
The backing is waterproof. However due to the hydrophobic nature of silicone if water does come between the skin and the contact layer then adherence will be lost. In an average shower it is showerproof, however in a power shower or for a longer period than normal it may not be.
- After several previous successes with the Medilink awards, Advancis Medical were shortlisted for the overall Medilink UK Awards on 13th March at the E...12/04/2013
- Click here to download Spring issue - the March 2013 newsletter...12/04/2013
- We are delighted to have been shortlisted for the Medilink UK Awards which are to be held in London on the 13th of March at 4pm on the main ...20/02/2013
- AdvancisMedical: RT @vanessatvn: Half of all neuropathic ulcers led to death of patient in 5 years in USA #EWMA2013.MD working is key to reduce thisWed, 15 May 2013 13:25:33 +0000
- AdvancisMedical: RT @EWMAtweet: Don't forget to pick up your copy of the EWMA Debridement Document at #EWMA2013 http://t.co/L6ZNXvSQaqWed, 15 May 2013 13:05:25 +0000
- AdvancisMedical: "@Garmaev: EWMA 2013 Russian symposium. http://t.co/oJgIDYm27c" interesting sessions here at #EWMA @EWMAtweetWed, 15 May 2013 12:31:14 +0000
- AdvancisMedical: How is everyone enjoying #ewma2013 ? What are your highlights? #woundcare #woundsWed, 15 May 2013 12:23:21 +0000
- AdvancisMedical: Come see us @ #ewma2013 we have some exciting things to share! @EWMAtweetWed, 15 May 2013 12:20:05 +0000